Hello there! I have been feeling awfully lazy lately, but I fought through it today to share with you some ideas for vegan snacking options that are affordable, low-calorie, and healthy! Sometimes when first getting into the swing of a vegan lifestyle, snacking can be a problem. Most of the usual “healthy” snack options have something to do with dairy, such as string cheese or yogurt. However, I have compiled a few of my favorite things to munch on when I am on the go or don’t have time to prepare anything elaborate. I hope that these can help you out!
- Granola bars – Be careful to make sure they are vegan as some types and brands are not.
- Baby food (Fruit Puree) – These are so yummy and extremely good for you. They can even be purchased in a convenient pouch, which makes them an easy on-the-go snack!
- Lara bars – These are a great snack that are very dense and filling.
- Popcorn – I pop mine myself on the stove then just add salt. You could do the same or use microwave non-butter or kettle corn instead.
- Wasabi Peas – These may not be for everyone. They can be somewhat more pricey than other snacks and they are also quite spicy.
These yummy morsels have always worked for me. I hope that I have provided you with a few ideas that you had not previously considered. Let me know what you think and what your favorite vegan snacks are in the comments below! I will try to combat my overwhelming apathy in order to post something better tomorrow.
Have a peaceful day, everyone. ❤
9 thoughts on “5 Affordable Vegan Snack Options”
One of my favorite vegan snacks is any kind of nut really. Great are nut mixes, that also have raisins in them.
I enjoy having nuts for a snack as well. Walnuts are my favorite. ^_^ However, they seem to be out of my price-range for the most part. ):
Oh yeah, buying any kind of nuts other than peanuts tends to really hurt my poor little wallet 😀 I am a cashew lover, saidly also very pricy, just like walnuts…
It should be a crime how expensive walnuts are! They are soo yummy. T.T
Rice cakes or Corn cakes are nice and crunchy. I like them a lot as a snack
I have never even heard of corn cakes. I will have to do a little investigating in my local grocery store. (:
They taste way better than most rice cakes. Even my kids eat them! An other idea for snack is pop corn. Only with a couple of euros you can make a lot pop corn!
Pups I just read your post again and saw you ‘ve written about pop corn 😀
Yea. haha (: and that is awesome, I will have to go get some of those for myself!