One of my favorite meals when I was growing up was my mom’s sausage, sauerkraut, and noodles dish. After becoming vegan, it was torment to smell her cooking this for my father, knowing that I could not allow myself a single bite. So, I did what any determined vegan does in such a situation. I fashioned a vegan replacement! This recipe is cheap, easy, quick, and even more delicious than the non-vegan version of the dish. Also, you end up with a ton of food!
- Tofurkey Italian Sausage (or any other brand, this is around $4)
- 1 can of sauerkraut
- Your favorite type of noodles (I usually use spiral ones, but spaghetti is cheaper)
- Boil water and start cooking your noodles
- Cut up 2 vegan Italian sausages into small pieces
- Place Italian sausage into frying pan
- Add 1 can of sauerkraut to the pan
- Cook until warm and noodles are tender
- Mix together
Note: I realize that my recipes are not very specific when it comes to the amount of different ingredients. However, that is just how simple these recipes are! Using different amounts of ingredients will not alter the outcome very much, except for how much food you end up with, and that is up to you.
Enjoy, my darlings! ❤