Once you become vegan, it may be hard to think of cheap food options. For the most part, fast food is out of the question. Which, in the long run, is a wonderful thing. However, being a college student, I know that sometimes an extremely cheap meal is necessary. Today I would like to share with you one of the cheapest, most delicious vegan meals that I make myself.
This meal consists of only two ingredients, not counting simple household things. Better yet, these ingredients only cost around two to three dollars! And you will be able to make a ton of food! This meal is also extremely simply and quick to make. So here you are, dears.
Vegan Cabbage and Noodles:
- Spaghetti noodles (or whatever noodles you prefer, spaghetti is just the cheapest)
- Olive Oil (or any type of cooking oil)
- Boil water and begin to cook noodles
- While noodles are cooking, put a thin coat of olive oil into a frying pan
- Add chopped cabbage
- Cook until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Mix cooked noodles and cabbage together
I generally don’t measure the exact amount of noodles or cabbage I use. You can make more or less depending on how hungry you are or how many people you are cooking for. I found that this meal can come in very handy for the vegan with not much to spend. It is yummy, filling, quick, cheap, and easy to prepare! I hope that this can help any struggling vegans out there or any that would just like a quick vegan version of an old favorite.
Stay peaceful, my loves. ❤